Abilene Atheist Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings Atheists and everyone else.

Go down

Greetings Atheists and everyone else. Empty Greetings Atheists and everyone else.

Post by Mutant Matt Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Howdy folks,
As you can guess my name is Matt. I don't wish to reveal my last name publicly because I have had threats, it makes it difficult to find work, and also makes it difficult to sell the crafts I make to support myself.

I'm 38 and been an Atheist for about 15 years, came out as an Atheist about 10 years ago to mixed responses from my family. Born into a Christian family and attended a Christian Church until I was 9 when I was driven out of the Church for some actions my Mother had taken. I considered myself a non practicing Christian until 23 when I ended up in jail for drugs, where I tried to find my faith by reading the Bible. After reading the Bible I realized I couldn't believe in something I felt was a fictional story. Being raised in Texas, but spending about 6 years total in Colorado shaped me into the person I am today.

I consider myself an Atheist, Anti Theist, and a Secular Humanist. In other words, I don't believe in Gods, I fight religion because I think it harms society and individuals, and I work for a better humanity without the need of religious guidance to do so.

Unfortunately I have not met many of you in person yet, but hopefully that will change soon.

I am always open to discussion, and welcome any questions you may have for me.
Mutant Matt
Mutant Matt
Mysterious Lurker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum