Abilene Atheist Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Example for Agnostic Atheism

Go down

An Example for Agnostic Atheism Empty An Example for Agnostic Atheism

Post by Timinator Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 am

Many people have asked me questions like:

"How can you be an Atheist, if you admit that you don't know for sure whether or not God exists? Isn't that Agnostic, and not Atheist?"

"If you're not sure whether or not God exists, why don't you believe in Him?"

"You said you are Agnostic, but you also said you are Atheist? You can't be both, can you?"

Let me use an example subject: Vampires. If someone were to ask me if I thought vampires were real, I would say "No, that's just silly." Does this mean I think there is no way that vampires could ever have existed in some part of the world at some point in history? I don't know, I'm not omniscient. Maybe there's something far below a 0.0001% chance that a real vampire could have existed somewhere at some point in time. Does that mean I believe in vampires? Far from it. In fact, the likelihood of their existence is so abysmal, it's probably not even with thinking about, much less writing lengthy forum posts on the subject. But here I am doing just that... and why, you ask? Because if someone asked me if I think the God of the Bible is real, I would say "no, that's just silly."
Timinator
Timinator
Technology Director

https://abileneatheists.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An Example for Agnostic Atheism Empty Re: An Example for Agnostic Atheism

Post by Timinator Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 pm

An Example for Agnostic Atheism 1981808_731585786873754_477246308_n
Timinator
Timinator
Technology Director

https://abileneatheists.forumotion.com